2016 was a memorable year. I am both humbled and honoured to have been supported by such inspirational and passionate colleagues and friends, whose encouragement and support wakes me up every morning knowing that we are going to make a difference. These are some highlights:
- Completed and launched my first professional book ‘Demystifying Diversity’ after 4 years of blood, sweat and a few tears. Thank you Jiten, my co-authored for your friendship and wisdom.
- Completed a 100k walk in under 24 hours to raise much needed funds for The Hunger Project an international charity whose mission is to end world hunger. So proud to have been an Ambassador for the last 6 years.
- Created a Role Model, Mentor and Champions programme which now has over 60 professional volunteers who give up their time to inspire and motivate disadvantaged children and their parents to realise their potential.
- Attended the celebration event of the Civil Service’s Positive Action Pathway which I am proud to have been a part of for the last 3 years. This year saw record numbers of the pathway delegates get promotion.
- I got reacquainted with an old friend, David Beeney who after 30 years of hiding a mental health issue, now runs a company called ‘Breaking the Silence’ which helps employers reduce the stigma of mental health in the workplace.
- Becoming a Trustee of The Parks Trust, which has grown my knowledge of biodiversity to add to my existing knowledge of diversity.
These are just a few of the highlights of a great year, which saw me once again surrounded by great, passionate, inspirational people who are mostly unaware of the influence and impact that they have on many
These are just a few of the highlights of a great year, which saw me once again surrounded by great, passionate, inspirational people who are mostly unaware of the influence and impact that they have on many peoples lives. Thank you all!
Looking forward to working with you again, meeting old friends and making new ones!Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!